Brief Protection

                                                                                                                                                                    Before I took the engine out I noticed that the chassis had some surface rust. So I decided to deal with it before continuing with stripping the MX5. I made the decision to use Loctite Rust Remedy because as I thought it would be the quickest and easiest method to protect from rust. I split the work into 3 stages and brought 3 bottles of the stuff.



I started at the front by using a wire wheel brush to remove the surface rust followed by a quick rub down. Then I brushed on the rust converter, I starts as a milky grey colour and gradually dries to a blueberry colour. Once everything fits and is fully welded the chassis I'll fully spray paint the entire frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment